May 30th June 2nd – Weekly Work Log

Game Design

Session Number:6
Week Number:1
Total Estimated Hours Contributed this Week: 4
What is/was your overall goal for this week? To work or ‘splurge’ on some ideas for music/game soundtracks

Work Tasks 

Date Task Description Time Spent Was / Were your choices and work Best Practices? Why? 
5/30I worked on two different splurges/ songs one of them was in 12/8 and the other I used a bit crusher effect on my guitar to create a cool sound.1 hr This is a best practice because I was creative when I used weird time signatures and effects to try something new
5/31 I added some backing guitar tracks for the bit crusher song, I also experimented with trying to write riffs in some other time signatures like 9/8 and 6/8. But I had a really hard time counting it so I didn’t really come up with anything.1 hr This is a best practice since I had to use critical thinking to try to push myself to count in 9/8 and 6/8
6/1  I worked on a riff that I came up with in 7/4, the I added some backing tracks to it as well as an intro. This time signature I clicked with the best since it sounds like 4/4 where every two measures there is just one less beat. 1 hr This is a best practice because I used creativity to work on a piece of music
 6/2 I learned how to fully play Pneuma and Schism, There is still a few parts of pneuma that I have trouble counting specifically during the verse, But I know Schism all the way through 30 min Im not sure if this was a best practice, I wasn’t really working towards my goal but I guessed I used problem solving to try and figure out how to play pneuma by listening and playing along with it

School Of Rock
Session Number:6
Week Number:1
What is/was your overall goal for this week? Work on new song that Connor and I was working on Sunday. We will by the end of the week have fully written the instrument part of the song and gotten the structure down.

Work Tasks 

5/30We went over what we needed to do for the week, and then Connor and I showed the rest of em the song, and griffin showed us his idea.1 hr This was a best practice because we had to collaborate and communicate our ideas and work on making new material.
5/31 We spent the entire time setting up the drums for Simon in the way that he wanted them1 hr This is a best practice because we had to use communication and collaboration to set up the drums correctly and the way that Simon wanted them
 6/1 We played through Halo On Fire on the new drum set, and then we revisited the song that Connor and I showed Griffin on Tuesday, We worked on it but it was mostly a running through what we already have, we didn’t really add anything to the song 1 hr This is a best practice because we had to communicate to help each other learn the song.
 6/2 I finished my blog post and listened to those two songs that were by Griffin and Tucker 1 hr I don’t know how this is a best practice but we were forced to do this (im not complaining btw) but I don’t think its a best practice