May Smart Goal project

SUMMARY

I am learning how to play the second solo in the song Comfortably Numb by the band Pink Floyd.

Role

Guitarist

Intention (SMART Goal)

By May 27th, I will learn how to play the second solo of Comfortably Numb using this tutorial. I will be able to play it fluently, and without any mistakes. I will do this by practicing and playing it around 15 minutes a day.

PRE-PRODUCTION – INQUIRY

Leader(s) in the Field / Exemplary Work(s)

Tom Morello is guitarist known for playing in the bands Rage Against the Machine as well as Audioslave. He is a riff GOD, he comes up with so many good songs so of my favorites being, “Show me how to Live” by AudioSlave, and Killing in the Name of by RATM.

Training Source(s)

SMART Goal Schedule

I will practice at least 15 minutes a day, both in school and at home. I hope by Wednesday the week it is due to have the whole song memorized and be able to play most of it at full speed or close too it.

PRODUCTION

SMART Goal Starting Point Evidence

First attempt

SMART Goal Ending Point Evidence

Next Attempt

POST-PRODUCTION – REFLECTION

21st Century Skills

Ways of Thinking (Creativity, Innovation, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving)

I was a critical thinker because I was having trouble getting the pacing and timing when playing the fast parts of the solo so I played it over and over again while listening to the original song.

Ways of Working (Communication & Collaboration)

I did not collaborate with anyone for this project because this was a solo project.

Tools for Working (Info & Media Literacy)

I listened to Comfortably numb and played along with it as well as I used the tutorial stated above by guitarlesson’s365.

Ways of Living in the World (Life & Career)

Garageband is a well known DAW that I am getting better and better at using. As well as I am getting better at guitar which is also a skill that could be used in a job.

Reactions to the Final Version

Self-Evaluation of Final Version

I think that I could have done better on the final version of Comfortably Numb. During the fast parts I messed up a bit and it was off a bit timing wise, and even since the recording I can play it quite a bit better.

Grammar and Spelling

Grammarly

Editor